Things to do
- As the “art and soul” of Columbus, the Short North is a vibrant cultural and local business community filled with many local shops, galleries, restaurants, bars and SO much to see! The nationally acclaimed Gallery Hop (- Huffington Post “Best art event in Ohio”) is held on the first Saturday of the month and is a must to check out too! Check out their website here to see what events are going on during your stay.. all within walking distance away!
- 500-1200 N. High Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215
- (614) 299-8050
- Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens offers world-class horticulture, art and nature-based exhibitions, and educational programs for all ages.. plus their live butterfly show is a MUST! Only about a 10-minute drive away and a perfect attraction for all (families, friends, couples, etc)! Get tickets here!
- 1777 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43203
- (614) 715-8000
The Original North Market is a 145-year-old vibrant public market made up of Ohio’s best independent merchants, farmers, and makers. Inside you’ll find an eclectic mix of more than 30 independently owned small businesses offering a wide variety of fresh produce, meat, poultry, seafood, flowers, specialty food items, international prepared foods & distinctive gifts. Definitely check out the local favorite “Hot Chicken Takeover” located on the second floor! Only a few blocks away walking.. check out for any events going on here!
59 Spruce Street, Columbus, OH 43215
- The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is home to more than 9,000 animals representing 650 species from around the globe. Watch a polar bear swim above your head, meet the world famous gorilla family, say “G-Day” to the koalas and be amazed by the manatees. The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium was named the #1 Zoo in America by USA Travel Guide! Plus the famous Zoombezi Bay water park right next door for any hot summer day! Only a 25 minute drive away.. get tickets here!
- 4850 POWELL RD, POWELL, OH 43065
- (614) 645-3400
- The National Veterans Memorial and Museum is the only museum in history dedicated to honoring all the courageous men and women who answered the call of our country. Hear their stories, honor their service, and visit the New Home of the Brave.. only a 10-minute drive away! Tickets can be purchased on their website here!
- 300 W. Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215
- (614) 362-2800
LEGOLAND Discovery Center – the ultimate indoor LEGO playground! Absolutely perfect for kids, the 36,000 square-foot attraction features 2 rides, a 4D Cinema, themed LEGO play areas, MINILAND Ohio, and more! Only a 15 minute drive away.. get tickets here!
157 Easton Town Center, Columbus, Ohio 43219
- The Scioto Mile in downtown Columbus features miles of multi-use trails and is a great spot to take a stroll and enjoy both the beautiful city and nature! This park also hosts free concerts on summer weekends, and a huge set of fountains create a fun environment for kids to play in during the daylight hours. Only a 10-minute drive away and a must to see!
- 233 Civic Center Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43215
- (614) 645-3300
- The famous restaurant serving authentic German food, with the authentic attire and everything! This is a local legend, located in the heart of German Village only about 10 minutes away. Definitely try their brats and buffet bar.. you will not be disappointed! Check out their website/menu here!
- 240 E. Kossuth Street, Columbus, OH 43206
- (614) 444-6808
- ALL over Instagram, Otherworld is a 32,000 square foot immersive art installation in Columbus! Explore over 40 scenes filled with large-scale art and mixed reality playgrounds. It’s an all new kind of art experience where visitors are encouraged to freely explore and interact with a SURREAL world of science fiction and fantasy. About a 20 minute drive away, get tickets here!
- 5819 Chantry Drive, Columbus, OH 43232
- The Arena District is one of downtown Columbus’ most popular neighborhoods featuring sports, entertainment, food and drink and the best in residential living options! Top destinations in the Arena District include Nationwide Arena for concerts or events, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets, Huntington Park where the AAA baseball Columbus Clippers play, EXPRESS LIVE! featuring indoor and outdoor concerts, numerous hotels, an athletic club and dozens of bars and restaurants! Only a 5-10 minute walk away, check out what local events are going on here!
- 375 N. Front Street, Columbus, OH 43215
- (614) 242-3711
- The Ohio State University, also called Ohio State or OSU, is a public land-grant research university in Columbus, Ohio and is the third largest university in the United States! Ohio State is one of six universities to have ever won national championships in all three major men’s sports (baseball, men’s basketball, and football)! Only a 10-minute drive away, the beautiful OSU campus is a must see and check out what sporting events or concerts are going on here! Go Buckeyes!!
- 411 Woody Hayes Drive, Columbus, OH 43210
- (614) 292-6330
- As the winner of multiple Prime Site and Inner Circle Awards, this striking, modern facility has become one of North America’s most popular convention center sites for local, state, regional and national groups and organizations! The Convention Center has more than 1.8 million square feet of space offering a combination of settings that are perfect for events of all sizes, including the Battelle Grand Ballroom, the largest, multipurpose ballroom in the state of Ohio! Located on a few blocks away walking distance, check out what conventions or events are going on here!
- 400 N. High Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215
- (614) 827-2500